profile picture

profile picture

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Things in our lives

I thought I would update this blog with the new things happening in our lives. Well, my little sugar bean (Andrew)  is getting so big and trying to walk. I can't believe his first birthday is coming up already. He has such a funny personality, and it's the best thing in the world to see Todd and my characteristics showing through him. What a blessing.

I have signed up to run a half marathon in May. All I have to say about that is....What was I thinking??!! :) I guess I'm just trying to prove a point to myself that even though I have a baby, I am still completely capable of being in good enough shape to run 13.3 miles. I think it will be a huge accomplishment, but last time I ran a half marathon, I was in a whole lot better shape than I am now. I guess I will just pace myself and take all day to finish if I need to. :)

Todd just was just offered a brand new job at a brand new place which is exciting for him. I, unfortunately, will probably not be switching schools (even though that was the original plan: teaching closer to home). By the looks of the finances in Texas education, I won't be getting another teaching position in quite some time. I'm a sitting duck, so we will see what that brings in my near future as an educator.

Baby talk has been coming up more and more in the Templeton household. And not talking about our first little angel....but a possibility for a second. Hmmm...the thought of it brings butterflies to my stomach...both exciting and nervous butterflies. My mom was already 5 months pregnant with me when my older brother was Andrew's age. We'll see what happens....I'm going to focus on getting this half marathon under my belt and then look into the possibilities and pray for what the future might bring. :)

Look at that big boy at snack time

Silly faces are his fav way to make mommy laugh

Andrew has a very hefty appetite

All that big boy play is exhausting

Playing with his walker

pretty silly picture taken with mommy's new i-phone 4

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well, and I'm so glad about that. I am SO glad you and Todd got to get away just the two of you. Andrew is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute Andrew is!!!! Awe!!!! First of all- girl, you can run that half marathon! Remember what you have told me...it's mental! Don't think that just because you had a baby your body can't run that distance anymore. Shoot, having a baby was probably even harder than running a half marathon anyway!!! Also, if I'm thinking correctly, didn't you get preggers with baby boy around the time of the last half marathon? Maybe these half marathons and babies are connected?? Only time will tell... haha :)

    ReplyDelete