profile picture

profile picture

Friday, July 22, 2011

My summer with my handsome little man

This really has been one of the best summers ever. Andrew has been an absolute ball.  His dancing, silly faces, and growling noises keep mommy entertained. :) The one thing I would REALLY love for next summer: a big backyard with soft grass: WITHOUT a swimming pool. I never thought I would say that.  We really have enjoyed our time with the pool. All the fantastic pool parties, fun with friends, the late night pool memories (now don't get any raunchy ideas) ;-) But in my opinion, it has become more of a nuisance than a luxury.

Example- I got Andrew and myself ready for a nice dip in the pool yesterday. Swim trunks/little swimmer on, floaty blown up, mommy in her bathing suit, both of us slathered in sunscreen, music going in the backyard (seriously a 40 minutes ordeal). When I got out there to clean it up a little bit, low and behold: algae had mysteriously appeared ALL over the walls (it literally happens over night).  After 30 minutes of attempting to scrub it all off the walls, I looked up to see nasty flakes of algae floating in the pool. YUCK! So, of course I didn't want to put my little baby boy in that nasty water. I would have probably attempted to swim (it really wasn't too terribly bad), but when it comes to my baby, I don't chance it. So we ended up playing in the front yard for a little while and then spent most of the day inside.

I had a week of training last week for Problem- based learning and then a professional day today. Oh, and next week I have 2 days of science training. Oh...and I had math training in June. Did my district forget that we are teachers who are SUPPOSED to have summer OFF??! Seems like it. With that said, my summer really is flying by. Oh well, at least I got paid for some of it. ;-) But I would have rather spent the day with my giggly, wheels-off wild, into-everything toddler Andrew Maddox. :) I will savor those precious moments I have left until school starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment