profile picture

profile picture

Monday, July 4, 2011

a few exciting things

My last post was a bit lame. I thought it was funny at the time, but then got to thinking that it may have given the impression that my life is completely boring. :) Well, I have actually done some pretty fun things this summer and just forget to share on here.  One thing was I to the taping of a new reality show called X factor with my mom and sister. In case you haven't heard of it, it's a singing competition similar to American Idol (I'm sure Simon Cowell would wring my neck if he knew I said that), only there is not an age limit and they allow singing groups to try out. I was a bit flattered because after you show up with a printed ticket,  they give you a hard ticket that tells you where you will be sitting. Well, we ended up getting tickets on the floor (I kept singing J-Lo's "On the floor song" while waiting to be seated) :)  When we asked some people around us if that was good (I imaged a mosh pit style area where we would be standing), but it was actually a good thing because we were right by the judges/stage. It's interesting how they strategically place the audience by seating the most attractive people directly behind the judges stand (no...we did not make THAT cut). ;-) Anyway, it was pretty cool getting to see Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, Nicole Scherzinger, and LA Reid up close and personal. Here are a few pics (oh and a bonus pic of us out in Fort Worth)

Jackie, my brother,me, Todd and then Ryan, my sister and Blake

Simon Cowell on the balcony outside the AAC

Pretty good seats I must say! :)

Waiting outside the AAC for X factor


No comments:

Post a Comment