profile picture

profile picture

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Abby's first FIRST Birthday party!

I know I'm really late posting, but I wanted to share some pictures from BOTH of my little princess' first birthday parties. It actually worked out nicely because we were planning on having a little celebration in our dorm with friends, so I reserved the room, booked her photo session, and ordered some party decor. Well, I kept dreaming about going to Texas and having her birthday at our house (one more party in our house with our Texas friends and family). Then I got an email about the Date Night being rescheduled on the day I was planning Abby's birthday in the dorm (date night was originally scheduled in February when "Snowmagedon" made its grand appearance along with 23 inches of snow). I took this as a sign that we needed to make a trip to Texas for her party.  My grandmother had also been in the hospital since February, so I needed to make a trip to see her as soon as I could. So, we booked a flight to Amarillo, TX, drove to Dumas that night, stayed for 4 nights, and then drove to Dallas (lots of traveling with 2 kids= 20 new grey hairs). ;-)

So on her actual birthday,  we had a party at our play group in Cambridge and ate dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Then a party in Texas. It turned out perfect. Andrew's first and second birthday were huge, so it was only fitting for Abby to have a big party in our house 1 last time (bittersweet).  The other part of this story that makes it even more bittersweet is that we are actually staying in New England for longer than planned (need a whole new blog for that chapter). So, this party in Texas was only necessary.

Because I have so many pictures I want to share, I am going to post another blog with the pictures from Miss Abby's Texas birthday. :) So, here are some of my favorites from her photo shoot and from her birthday in Massachusetts. We are blessed.






Abby at playgroup 


                                             
                                                              Yummy cupcakes



Abby playing with Nina 


Mommy's little girl


Yummy cupcakes

My two babies


Dinner at Cheesecake Factory 


No comments:

Post a Comment