profile picture

profile picture

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring has sprung!

Every time I feel like I'm adding more positive pep in my blog, something crazy happens. And let me just tell you: the way I'm feeling right now is BEYOND better than how I was feeling a week ago. All the preparation for the MIT officer's huge memorial service right outside our window (literally), made it extremely hard to move forward, try to forget the tragedy, and have some normalcy back. May he rest in peace. We will truly never forget his bravery.

So, changing the subject: spring/Andrew's birthday. I seriously feel like my blog turns into my personal diary sometimes, which is actually helpful for me; however, now that we are going to be staying in Massachusetts (yes...I said it again!) for quite a while longer, I need to post more about my 2 darling babies. :) I have saved a draft of Abby's Texas birthday on my phone, but the pics are on Todd's laptop. I haven't had a computer in over a year now, and Todd has been very preoccupied with his....so I basically blog from my phone. So, I vow to keep up with blogging when I finally get a computer that works decently. ;)

We have had so much going on lately and 2 of my favorite things have been Andrew's birthday celebration and the incredible transformation that spring has brought!! I mean...this place is something you see in a magazine. I don't know if it's because I never really appreciated the blooming flowers/trees in Texas because winter was nothing compared to what we got here, but man....I seriously get teary-eyed when I see all the people out enjoying this fantastic weather/scenery! It's almost fun to count how many people you over hear saying, "wow, it's such a nice day!" I will say I have missed the annual blue bonnet-covered fields, but you can't beat seeing every possible color of tulip and the most incredible colors all over every tree. Ahhh...bliss. :)

Some of my favorite things going on with the kids: they are turning into such good buds. We now bathe them together and they have an absolute blast playing in the bath! :) Abby loves the "duhs" (ducks), "bubbas" (bubbles), and laughing at her silly brother. :) Playing outside is also a blast for them together! And Abby is such a brave little thing! I don't remember Andrew getting on half the equipment Abby does (then again, we didn't have a playground right outside our house). She climbs up stairs, slides, and attempts pretty much everything she can! Both my kids definitely have their dad's ability to try something without fear. :)

So with all the playing must come a little sibling fighting. I am always so impressed by the way Andrew treats his sister. He is usually very willing to share and never hits. Now...my daughter on the other hand...she is pretty feisty!! The other day she whacked Andrew in the head with a train...multiple times. He kept kinda whining about something, but I figured he was frustrated with a toy. Nope. Sister was hitting him. Hard. So, mommy put Abby in timeout. AND we NEVER heard the end of it for the rest of the day. "Abby hit Andrew and wine to time out!" :) It was so funny. Even today he said, "Abby, be nice! Go to time out!" Oh...crack me up! Andrew really is a sweetheart and doesn't like anyone to be upset. I just love seeing them change so much everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment