profile picture

profile picture

Thursday, November 21, 2013

A girl's gotta eat!!

One of the things I've missed the most about Texas is the Tex Mex! Kinda sad…I know, but Mexican food here is awful. People that live in the north have no idea how delicious it can truly be. Now I'm not the best cook in the world, but the Mexican food dishes I make are twice as good as the restaurants around here. Maybe I could open up my own business…hmm…nope. Not happening. :)

Another interesting thing about food here- there are not even a third as many fast food restaurants here as there are in Texas. I actually think this is a good thing. I was a pretty bad fast food junkie in my younger days, and it's nice that the temptation is not even available (unless you want McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts all the time….those 2 chains are definitely found at every corner around here). And restaurants- not many choices either. Unless you are up for making the trek to the heart of Boston…there are not near as many options here as there were in Texas. I've always loved eating out in a nice restaurant. Everything about it makes me happy.  We have saved a lot of money by not eating out (which is a must when we are living on 1 income), but I do want to make a point to eat out pretty often when we go home for Christmas.  :)

Just yesterday, I randomly ordered this between a 2nd doctor appointment and picking up Andrew from school

Guess what the name of this bad boy was: The Texas burger!! :) I couldn't resist ordering it when I saw it on the menu. It was very reasonably priced for the size too, and was hands down the best hamburger I've had in a long time. And of all the places to get it- it was a hole in the wall Roast Beef sandwich restaurant. I have no shame- Abby and I shared that entire burger while sitting in the parking lot of the restaurant. :) What can I say- it had been a pretty rough day (and I will say, my daughter had already had 2 breakfasts, lunch, snacks while I was at the doctor and was shouting from the backseat, "BITE!!!!!".. whoa can that baby girl eat!!) 

 So while some people dream of traveling up to Maine to get a nice serving of something that might look like this: 

I would much rather drive through a chick fil a or What a burger or eat chips and salsa until I thought I might bust. 
(*my husband and mother-in-law put most of this fancy meal together...I can't take credit nor was I too excited to break those puppies open)...
What's a Texas girl to do. :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment