profile picture

profile picture

Thursday, April 17, 2014

5 more days

Today started with snow on the ground,  lots of fighting from the kids (YEEEESSSS, no, YEEEESSSS..NOOOOO, YEEESS), fits thrown over sippy cups that fell on the ground (I had to video this to have proof..),  a bite on my arm (from my son?), and me falling down 3 steps going out to my car…. all before 10 AM...yea…not a great start. I thought spring was here to stay and then as I said- we woke to this….


UGGGG. At least it melted through the day and HOPEFULLY IS GONE UNTIL DECEMBER! :) hehe. When I fell down the stairs- I stopped for a few seconds and may have said out loud, "Really?? 5 days before I run my first marathon…I'm going to fall down the stairs and hurt myself??" I'm actually fine-my bottom hurts a bit, but I think I will make it.  I was wearing my Toms (thought it was toms season…guess I still need snow boots in APRIL), and those are not the best in slippery conditions so yea- didn't go so great for me. I made it through the crazy snowy winter and then of course slip on the smallest amount of ice I've seen here in New England. Ironically I was on my way to the chiropractor. Thankfully I wasn't holding Abby (her newest independence move-not wanting me to hold her..which leads to her wondering off, then quickly climbing into my seat of the car and saying- "I drive Mommy"…I can already see it 14 years from now…).

And then as far as my son biting me- that was just odd. He didn't do it out of anger (he was hugging me), but he has never bit anyone...my daughter on the other hand- I've been told to bite her back when she bites and it seriously may have worked (bad mother moment- nah..."learning experience") ;) So here is that nice mark I will be sporting at the marathon. 
I texted it to my friends to tell them how my morning was going and they said- "what bit you??" hahahaha! My child. That's what. :) 

On a random note-I was actually thinking about the age my kids are at.  Sometimes I still feel like Abby is my baby that needs me to get dressed, getting down the stairs, buckling her seatbelt, and needs to be carried everywhere. Well, she definitely does a good job reminding me, "No help mommy…I do it." It's no lie- they grow up quick. I now have 2 kids...no more babies around here. 

I got the sweetest "marathon care package" from a high school friend of mine who had run her fair share of marathons. I can't wait to earn the priveledge of putting the 26.2 magnet on my car. And I've been loading up on some good tunes (lots from the 80's and 90's), for the big day! :) She thought of everything that would help me that day, and I feel so blessed. 


I also got this beautiful wreath in the mail this week (yea a little late-but oh well). I had the prettiest, sparkly egg wreath a few years ago and it broke. I was so sad about it because it was so pretty. So I googled, "sparkly egg wreath" the other day and found this: 

I love it! It is from kirkland's (and there are no kirkland's store here...sniff sniff :( ) So I ordered it online and may have been a bit late picking Andrew up from school because I just HAD to open it immediately and put it in the door. :) It's the small things. 

So with 5 days left before the big marathon day, I've been doing a pretty good job psyching myself out. I keep thinking, "Can I really run this challenging 26.2 mile course??" and I keep fearing I'm going to either get sick (there's apparently a stomach bug going around….YIKES!), or that I'm going to hurt myself (hopefully today's fall was the biggest injury I get this week). I've had a really bad head ache all week and can't seem to shake it so that's throwing me off. I'm feeling a bit selfish this week because I keep worrying about any ailment, pain, or the slightest feeling of illness..because I only have 5 more days, and I really want to be my best mentally and physically. I've jam-packed the rest of the week with things to do- eye appointment, working..as in-my JOB…at the gym, running errands to get ready for company, picking up a play kitchen I found on free cycle (best website ever-highly recommend using it), fitting in a few small runs here and there (even if chasing my kids around is all I fit in for the day..)  getting Easter/birthday stuff for Andrew, and then Saturday- the marathon festivities begin (going to the huge Expo to pick up my bib number!!).  I just found out yesterday that my parents get to come (YAY!), and my sister will be here too. I am so excited to have them come see our house and where we've been living. It's going to be a good rest of the week…I just know it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment