profile picture

profile picture

Sunday, April 13, 2014

life lessons


I have always been a believer in things happening for a bigger reason than we may understand. Even the bad things. Sometimes I think you have to tell yourself that-especially during the hard times-that this too shall pass, and I will come out stronger/smarter than before. Being a mommy is the biggest blessing I could ever imagine. My kids can be the sweetest, most loving, adorable, compassionate little babies, and it makes me so proud and honored to call them my own. And then on the flip side- they can be so mean, violent, disobedient, and that's when I question what I'm doing wrong as a parent. But I have to realize that they are learning. From trial and error, LOTS of practice, and even more patience from the adults around them. Too bad they aren't just wired to be civilized, courtesy people that understand the world around them. :) I feel like they've made me stronger, more patient, and more understanding than I could ever imagine. As a parent, you learn to push through the lack of sleep, your own sickness to help your sick children,  to sacrifice your needs/wants, to become selfless and more empathetic to others. That's why I believe the timing for running my first marathon couldn't have come at a better time. I am so much stronger than I was before children (physically and emotionally). I know what I'm capable of and that drives me to understand that I'm built to do this and I can run those 26.2 miles. I mean really- I gave birth to 2 beautiful babies (with 2 very different birth stories), and have been given the greatest job to raise them, nurture them, love them, and guide them with all my being. And hopefully their God-given gifts will bless those around them throughout their lives.  Being a mother to Abigail and Andrew has given me a greater love, appreciation, and strength to live life to the fullest and accomplish the goals in my life. I don't know a greater lesson than that.
we went to the Red Sox/Rangers game! 
       Andrew singing Hosana at church 
          my handsome little man :) 








1 comment:

  1. I love this post! And it's like.. I know these things intuitively but reading them on your blog I was like "she's RIGHT! we are stronger bc we've been moms!" I'm so inspired by your running & excited for your marathon!!!!

    ReplyDelete