profile picture

profile picture

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Andrew's 4th birthday

I can't believe Andrew is now 4 years old (and apparently neither can he because he still tells everyone he is 3). :) He had a pretty low key birthday, but it was still loads of fun because my parents were in town from after the marathon.

I ordered some cupcakes from a local woman who makes them at her house. I got into a very lazy cooking mode for the last month so wasn't up for baking any myself. :)  Because she thought the color for the printouts came out "too pink," she "upgraded" the chocolate frosting to the ghirardelli chocolate and WOW!! It was heaven. I have a cute video of him opening his present from us (he also got a bicycle), but I can't figure out how to upload videos to youtube. Something I need to figure out! Here's a quick snap shot from the video I took. :)


On his cool new bike! :) 
  

He was so excited to rip that gift open! 






                                                  Diggin in to those delicious cupcakes! :)

I started a tradition of blowing up a bunch of balloons and sticking them in the floor of their rooms the night before and they love it. :) Again, cute video of when I did it for Abby's birthday...but technology and I just don't quite get a long. ;-)


We took the train into Boston and went to the New England Aquarium.  It was really rainy that day so we wanted to stay indoors. The kids really enjoyed it because we got to see lots of neat fish, penguins, snakes, and other crazy creatures. I felt a little bad because I asked what Andrew wanted for dinner that night and he had requested, "Cheesecake" meaning "Cheesecake Factory" which has actually become a random traditional dinner/celebration stop (we ate there for Abby's first and 2nd birthday, my birthday, and then after the Boston Marathon). :) We ended up eating at Legal Sea Food right by the water and mommy got to enjoy a delicious white Sangria. :) They are the best from that place!








And then we went to the amazing IMax theatre connected to the aquarium so we could watch some lemurs in 3D. :) The kids liked it at first but got a little restless before it was over. 


cool glasses :)

I wouldn't doubt it if my daughter strategically placed that figure...hmmm ;-) 

yummy popcorn!!

My kids are at such a fun age. Don't get me wrong- it's a very messy, stressful, ALWAYS testing your patience kind of stage....but it's so fun to see them enjoy the small things in life. :) Like this for example- 
We drove up to Lowe's and Andrew started shouting- "I want to ride the race car!!" I thought he was talking about a car in the parking lot so told him we can't ride in someone we don't know's car.  Nope. He knew what he was talking about and it was the shopping carts at "The dad store" (AKA Lowe's). :) Todd goes on little "daddy-son dates" to Lowe's which is pretty cute. 

Andrew has come so far in the past year, and I am so blessed to have him as my son. He is the most caring, empathetic, energetic little boy I know and I can't wait to see what 4 brings for him.  He's already starting the early process of reading. On paper- he recognizes every month of the year, his full name (first, middle, last), and pretty much any word he has seen multiple times. He saw my name written on my water bottle and said, "That says Mommy Templeton!" :)  He knows all the sounds the letters make and is already trying to sound out words!!! He has such a visual memory that he can recognize where we are going by which route I take, he is incredible at putting together puzzles (he is now up to 100 piece puzzles!), and as I said- his sight words are already amazing. He is a very smart little guy. He's still a big momma's boy and I never want that to change. :) He comes in our bedroom and snuggles up next to me between 4-7 every morning. I love it! He still loves trains and pretty much ALL vehicles (taxi cabs, buses, cars, trucks, jeeps...) and will correct me if I call a jeep a car. :) He is still a pretty good eater (he loves fruits and veggies), but also has a huge sweet tooth like mommy. :) His favorite "food" is probably either pancakes or cupcakes! He recently filled out a questionnaire at school about me (for mother's day), and I laughed so hard I was crying! He told his teacher I was 10 years old (everyone older than him is "10"),  my favorite food is beans (??), favorite color is red, hair is green (LOL), I like to "make some food", and he loves me because I play with him. :) AWE...I don't feel like I play with him enough so that last one really teared me up! So sweet and adorable. What a great idea too. Andrew Maddox is the sweetest little guy (even when he's driving mommy a little crazy) ;-) and I am so so proud of him. 
"mommy, can you take a picture of me with this lion?" :) 










1 comment:

  1. I found your blog and you are the cutest Mom ever! I love you girl! I loved your Boston Marathon post. I could feel the emotion just reading it! Those kiddos are so lucky to have you...and Todd is lucky too....and me...for getting to be your friend!

    ReplyDelete