profile picture

profile picture

Sunday, May 4, 2014

My essential oils journey




So, I've taken the next step in my essential oils experience- I'm now an independent distributor for Young Living! After experiencing, reading about, and talking to others about all the different brands of essential oils, I've discovered that the young living line is by far superior to the others. I still have so much to learn but have already made so many amazing discoveries and am thrilled to start sharing the positive impact they've had on our overall health and wellness.

I started off a skeptic. Maybe one of the biggest skeptics (aside from my husband). :)  I thought it sounded too good to be true and didn't really want to steer away from the "modern medical ways." My son, Andrew, was diagnosed with autism in October of 2012. It was hard to understand "why" (there is STILL no way to be sure what exactly causes it), and it was even harder to watch him struggle with sleeping, hyperactivity, not being able to communicate, having major digestive issues which eventually lead to major rashes, and having lots of upper respiratory problems (mostly in the winter months), leading to weekly use of a nebulizer, it being "the norm" for him to  be wheezing, and eventually thinking he may have asthma. Well, along with changes in his diet (taking out a lot of processed junk, dairy, limiting gluten), and using essential oils (RC for his upper respiratory, lavender for sleeping/rashes on his bottom, and thieves for overall immunity), we have had a MUCH healthier winter (last winter was ROUGH), and he didn't have to use his nebulizer AT ALL this winter!!!! WOOHOO!!! :) I no longer think he has asthma and we have already been told he may be able to be "tested out" of his pervasive development disorder!! He was excited out of his speech services, and recently excited out of his physical therapy services at school (I was told he is above average on all skill levels). I can't begin to tell you how my views have changed on the natural methods of healing your body.

My daughter, Abigail, had her second ear infection this winter. I was given antibiotics (which is really a guessing game because they don't even know whether the infection is actually bacterial). I took a chance and decided I would follow another mommy's advice on how she used Young Living oils for her son's ear infections (lavender, lemon,melaleuca-tea tree oil).  Well, IT WORKED!! :) Ear infection GONE!

There has been lots of evidence showing that people are becoming resistant to antibiotics (because of overuse), and there are now these fatal "super bugs" that have become resistant to antibiotics. I recently went to urgent care (2 days before running my first marathon) because I had a fever and felt yucky. I was told that doctors were being told to avoid unnecessary prescriptions of antibiotics because of this new research. That was shocking to me. So what did I do- once he told me it was probably viral anyway and that antibiotics will only mess with my stomach and I would just need to let it pass- first thing I thought was ESSENTIAL OILS! I had already been applying thieves on my feet (this is my favorite oil so far), but started taking some under my tongue ( to get into my system faster), rubbing it up and down my spine, diffusing thieves and RC at night (RC helps with any congestion/upper respiratory problems such as coughing), and then diffused lemon and lavender during the day. I'm telling you- IT ALL WORKED!!! Modern medicine TAKE THAT! :) I ran the marathon and felt fantastic! The days after the marathon- I continued using the oils and was fully recovered in a little over a week.  WOOHOO!!

So after my personal experiences with these incredible oils extracted from plants that come from an organic herb farm, I was 100% on board. Yes- modern medicine is still needed, but I strongly feel the drugs on the market are being over-used and our bodies are paying the price. So why not start using nature to naturally heal??!! :) I recently got my "everyday oils" kit and have had so much fun reading about, using, and talking about how incredible they all are!! I mean really- a "stress-relief" and "Peace and calming" oil? AWESOME! They smell SO GOOD too. :) Let me know if you have any questions or are interested in owning your own set of healing oils. Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment