profile picture

profile picture

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Christmas 2014..oh so eventful

*I started writing this months ago and then had a little scare in my pregnancy and kinda went into a blur (along with a pretty rough winter- I just wasn't ever in the mood to write about what was going on). It's unfortunate really- but it's hard for me to hide my emotions in my writing and I didn't want to be a whiney blogger. :)

I've neglected my blog lately and really need to catch up-instead I must blog about our Christmas adventures before I forget the details.

17 days- that's how long we were traveling-the first 7 days of our trip were crazy...we stayed at 5 different places in those 7 days (a total of 7 places in the 17 days of our trip). Not quite planned- of course my husband is an adventurous man so our original plan was fly into Dallas-drive to amarillo the next day- drive to New Mexico with his family for 3 nights and then head back to our home town for Christmas festivities. And then I wound up in the hospital with kidney stones AND a kidney infection...womp womp...and I happen to be pregnant right now which makes EVERYTHING more complicated. The irony here- I had kidney stones while pregnant with Andrew too (not with Abby..maybe another boy??). :)

Yes- I'm pregnant again...we will become a family of 5 come July!!! Pretty scary and exciting all at once. It's been my toughest pregnancy so far which with 2 other kiddos to take care of-things are just not getting accomplished the way they should (to say the least...). Here was how we announced the news (Todd's idea I must add). ;-)





Slightly different Santa picture from last year, right?? :) 


Long story short about my little hospital visit- was transported to Santa Fe via ambulance (because I'm pregnant and they really didn't know how to handle kidney stones/infection in a pregnant woman), stayed 2 nights, woke up in a hospital bed on Christmas eve being poked with needles (no...fun...),  I missed the entire ski trip in a BEAUTIFUL mountain house in Taos (Andrew started crying in the hospital because he wanted to go back to the mountain house :( Heart-breaking.....) , and then we headed back to Texas (a few other things happened along the way  but need not be mentioned here...it was a rough drive to say the least...and by then I was just ready to go to my own home and we still had 11 days of our trip to go...whooaaa). Everything was great once we made it to my grandmother's for Christmas Eve dinner. It really ended up being a fun Christmas and we were finally able to relax and stay in one spot once we reached Dallas and stayed at our friends'- Jake and Leslie's- and got to hang out there for a few days. We were only going to stay a night and then it turned into 3. :) It was so nice to see them and to be around our friends with young kiddos. Then it was off to Breckenridge, Tx for our friend's wedding-back to Dallas and then our flight back to Boston. Whew...wears me out just talking about it. :) These pictures are in no certain order- just a few random pics from the holidays, 
Santa left a kitchen in Boston for Abby!

On the plane (a much better experience than last Christmas) 

Andrew, Carson, and Cole Before ski school (my little Andrew wasn't a fan of ski school this go around) 


The view on the balcony at our New Mexico mountain house! 

The kids got to see Santa at the hospital on Christmas Eve (not the best pic...lol) 

Abby with my Grandmother :) 

Abby helping Nani in the poker tournament :) 

Yes- Abby is in her PJ's in this pic (she threw a fit about 30 minutes prior and then I was crying because we didn't get a family photo so this is the best we could do). :) 


Todd's parents had just moved out of their house in Dumas- a house they had lived in since Todd was Abby's age. Lots of special memories in this house. Todd and I went back one night and took a few pics. It looks so much smaller when it's not filled with furniture and family. :) 



Galan, Ryan, Blake, Todd, and Presley- buddies from high school (out for Blake's bachelor party) 



The kids at Blake and Lindsay's wedding 

The dudes

High school buds 

Blake, me and Todd


Todd, Abby, Cole, and SueAnna 
Andrew and Abby having fun with their Pop Pop :) 


Eddleman Family Poker Tournament 


This was New Year's Eve- I look so lively ;-) It had been a long trip and this is at Jake and Leslie's house where we were finally able to chill (Alex, Andrew, me, and Abby) 

All in all- it was a fun-filled, emotional, adventurous Christmas. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment