profile picture

profile picture

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cape Cod

I FINALLY got the new software on my phone and uploaded the blogger app. Yay!! Now let's see if I can actually post some pics to my blog. :)

This Labor Day weekend was probably the best one I have ever experienced. Not having to go back to work helps boost the ranking quite a bit. ;) But spending the weekend with Todd and my 2 babies was the icing on the cake. :)

We ventured to Cape Cod and stayed in West Yarmouth. It was so relaxing. We drove in Friday night after Todd was done with classes and stayed at an old but cute little hotel in town, Cape Cod Inn. I felt like I stepped back several years to my childhood when my family would travel to Colorado and stay in a local hotel that was not your ordinary Best Western or Marriott. Not fancy, but so inviting.

Food is always a big make or break on my vacations. :) We had some fantastic food for all meals! We ate dinner at a local restaurant (recommended by the hotel), called The Skipper. I normally do not like sea food, but they had the BEST clam chowder in the world! Andrew's fish was also the most delicious fish plank I have ever tasted (strangely, my son prefers fish over any kind of chicken). We also had fabulous breakfasts at 2 cute little restaurants and strangely ran into the same sweet family at both places! That gave me a warm sense of small-town-feel. :)

We planned on taking a ferry over to Martha's Vinyard or Nantucket, but decided the best plan with a 6 month old and 2 year old was to stay close the the hotel. Ironically, there had been shark sightings the DAY before, so no swimming was allowed (which honestly didn't change our plans at all). Sadly, I do not have the pics from what we saw (we took them with our camera and they aren't on my phone), but we saw seals jumping out of the water right by the beach! It was so incredible! Andrew really loves being outside so this trip was perfect for him. He threw a frisbee with a new friend, built sand tunnels/hills, ran wild on the beach, and ate some good old junk food (yummy fried calamari, ice cream, and their version of a Hurricane which was basically a tropical milkshake). It was a perfect day.

That night we went out on the town of West Yarmouth and found a Brazilian restaurant with a live band. Todd and I had wine on the patio and listened to some music while Andrew danced and Abby eventually fell asleep in her little car seat. It was a much needed "date night" even with the kiddos. :)

There are many other new adventures we have experienced since I last wrote a blog (Toddler Times, Davis farm trip, baby-sitting night, traveling to Good Harbor Beach). This one was an experience I didn't want to forget. So even though it was a week ago, I just had to share the best Labor Day of my life! :)

1 comment:

  1. This all sounds very exciting and adventurous to me here in Texas. Cape Cod! Nantucket! (I know you didn't make it there but still) and the Brazillian restaurant sounds like my perfect night.

    ReplyDelete