profile picture

profile picture

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Honey Pot Orchard

This weekend has turned out to be quite a busy one. Last night, we went to this cute patio area on top of a dorm and had a picnic for Todd's program. Andrew ran around the roof with Sky and Bennett (Shelley's kids), dancing and falling all over the place while Todd and I enjoyed some adult conversation and beverages. ;) Afterward, I had a "non-slumber slumber party" with the ladies at the dorm. It turned out to be a really fun night full of junk food, laughing, and fun stories from our high school and college days. It's kind of fun to live in a dorm again. :)

And today was an experience that you can't get in Texas: Apple picking. Such a New Englandish thing to do in the fall. :) It's slowly cooling down lately, but luckily, today was the perfect day to spend outside in an apple orchard. We enjoyed apple cider donuts, apple cider, and of course fresh picked apples. There were so many types of apples: Macintosh, Honey Crisp, Galla, Empire, Red delicious...and more! I had never even seen an apple tree, so this was such an experience. My poor little man actually got stung by a bee, but other than that we had a fantastic day.

I have so many pictures on our camera, but I wanted to type this blog before I forgot about all the fun we had this weekend. So, here are a few pictures I took on my phone. I had to add the one with my precious baby girl in her jammies (taken by daddy).

No comments:

Post a Comment