profile picture

profile picture

Friday, December 6, 2013

Motherhood in the raw

One of my last blog posts took about 3 days to finally post because….
   
 1- My daughter came running over to the computer shouting "poopy mommy!! Poopy!" whilst standing with her diaper off/poo everywhere…this resulted in  a quick shower with mommy (not the first..)
2- Ornaments were being taken from the tree and "sorted" on a chair (2 shattered all over the floor in the process)
3-My daughter HAD to sit in my lap and try to type like mommy causing the blog to be a lost cause and more of a game (this was kinda cute…) 
4-Andrew went to the bathroom and proceeded to wipe with the hand towel and then plunge the toilet by himself…
5-A little of this….


and a little of that…


This is why I need to save blogging for times like now: When Andrew is in school and Abby is napping. So I guess I need to take partial blame for the destruction. :) 

Those 2 are quite the team too: He climbs up to the counter and gets the box of cereal only to watch his sister pour the entire box on the floor. She uses her little hands to dig snacks out of the locked cabinet only to have them smashed all over the floor. Sigh…they sure are cute, but they wear me out. 

I used to think I was a pretty patient person. Now that I have 2 kids under 5 and not much help around, it's been tough to hold back on yelling and throwing my own fits now and then. I try so hard to act calm around my kids, but yesterday was one of the worst days I've had. Abby was just all out of sorts, screaming all day, and it had been my 3rd attempt  to go to the gym and leave the kids at the daycare only to get the call, "I'm sorry but your daughter is just not happy and is about to completely lose it." What I REALLY wanted to say (bad parent moment), was, "Yea, no kidding. Try dealing with it for 70% of your day! Please take care of it for an hour so I can run off some steam!!" But when I get in there and Abby sees me and comes running with open arms shouting, "Look!! Mommy!!!" I guess I can assume I'm not as mean as I feel sometimes. 

Todd's work hours are all out of sorts right now too. He didn't get home until after 9 last night and 8 the night before. 

Don't get me wrong: it's not always this bad. But the last few months I keep waiting for a little sigh of relief when this "stage" is coming to a close. I am on a desperate search for a babysitter that I can rely on frequently because let's face it: it takes a village to raise babes and we don't know many people. It was our choice to move way up north away from family, but I never thought it would be as difficult as it's been. We count our blessings and roll with the punches day to day, but I definitely see Texas in our future (and hopefully SOONER than later). As I've said before: it's only making us stronger. And as my chiropractor said today while trying his hardest to re-adjust me, "Wow! You people from Texas are STRONG!" :) Have a great weekend!!! 

1 comment:

  1. SO proud of you and your training. Hang in there with the kids. I know you're a great mom and like most of us- probably don't hear it enough.

    ReplyDelete