profile picture

profile picture

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Abby turning 2

Abigail will be turning 2 this Thursday, and it's crazy to think I had another baby when Andrew was her age!! WOW! I can not imagine having a new born right now.  Abby takes the cake for being the most high maintenance child. ;-) She sure is a cutie pie and SO smart! It's so crazy how much she is talking!! Some of my favorite sentences to date: "No mommy. I want PINK play dough" (when given yellow), "Anew mere!"(Andrew come here) or "Anew common" (Andrew come on), and my favorite, "Mommy, want to sit with me??" or, "Is that yummy, mommy?" When I'm eating. :) (all while using the most adorable intonation EVER! :) And now if I get on to her for something, she starts pouting and crying, "MOMMY MOMMY MOMMY!!" SO dramatically that I absolutely have to scoop her up and love on her. She still loves reading books and then rocking in the chair with "bankie and paci" while resting her head on my chest (my favorite part of the day), she is starting to love baby dolls ("baby want a bite?" "baby want to watch princess?" "baby are you ok?"), and has nailed the "fake cry." :) One day Andrew said, "Abby, can you cry?" and of course she starts what sounds like REAL whimpering and then suddenly stops and smiles. Andrew's response- "Good crying Abby!" :) Those 2 are quite the team.

My sweet angel baby 

 Some of her favorite foods-guacamole ("mole"), popsicles ("popsicks") Chex cereal/chex mix ("chessmiss"), bunnies cheese crackers, cheese, tomatoes ("manos"), ANY fruit, and cucumbers with Ranch (want some dip it?) :) She loves to crunch on ice (which scares me!), and will call it "Ice cream cone" and thinks all snow is "ice cream" (we have made snow ice cream a few times). She is a very good eater right now (I hope that doesn't change), and ALWAYS takes over what ever I'm eating ("Want mommy's").  I've been eating a lot of this incredible hazelnut spread (like Nutella) with Coco lite pop cakes (it is heavenly! Thanks to Chelsea Solomone for introducing this treat to me!), and anytime I try to give her a pop cake without the choco dream, she will say, "Want butter mommy" :) She is too smart for her own good.

     Best (not healthiest) snack ever!! :) 

She has been sleeping in a big girl bed for a few weeks now and has done really great with the transition (even though we've found her in her rocking chair reading a book a few mornings/nights). :)  
  I snuck in during naptime and snapped a picture :) My sleeping beauty 

Andrew definitely looks out after her (will often say, "Abby hold my hand while we cross the street" or "Abby that's not safe!"), but is usually taking her lead when playing a game. :) She is the creative, curious one which usually leads to being the trouble maker. hehe! Good thing Andrew is around to let mommy know when she's throwing food all over, climbing on the counters, or digging in the cabinets. Andrew was never a climber, but Abby definitely is!! She climbed up to the top medicine cabinet (using my vanity seat in the bathroom), and got my nail polish down and actually opened it! (I have since had to move all the medicine to a plastic storage container up where she could never get to it…at least for now). Then she got my moisturizer and smeared it all over her face (and might have eaten a little in the process). :) 



She is very full of energy and loves music, dancing, playing "kitchen" watching "Lala" (Fresh Beat Band- the same thing Andrew called this show when he was her age), and singing "Let it Go" or any song from the movie Tangled.  She watched me sprinkle some carpet deodorizer on the floor one day and then 2 minutes later (while I was sweeping the floor waiting for it to soak in), she brought me the empty box and said, "All done!" opps.. What can I say-she's ALWAYS watching and learning about what's going on around her (and she doesn't miss a thing).


I am so blessed to have such a beautiful, smart, lovable baby girl to call my daughter, and she is truly my angel from heaven.  I can't imagine life without her and can't wait to see what the future brings for my baby girl.  I Love you so much Abigail Dawn Templeton!
(note that this was in the dorm so ignore the disgusting bath tile that would never get clean) ;-) 







No comments:

Post a Comment