profile picture

profile picture

Thursday, February 3, 2011

bronchiolitis

So, I had to venture out of the house today and not for good reason. My little Andrew has been coughing pretty badly the past few weeks. He went to the doctor on Martin Luther King Day due to coughing and not sleeping well and was diagnosed with an ear infection. Then he went back to the doctor last Thursday for his 9 month check up..I brought the coughing back up and the doctor said it would probably go away. Well.. the coughing  kept Andrew, Mommy, and Daddy up practically all night Wednesday, so that's when I decided something was up with my little man. So, we scheduled an appointment and went in today.

 I was a nervous wreck for two reasons: the ice on the roads and the fact that I was pretty sure something was wrong with my baby. I suspected rsv..but that test came back negative. They suggested a breathing treatment to see if it helped and came back to listen to his chest and diagnosed him with bronchiolitis.
  :( Basically, he probably DID have rsv which developed into bronchiolitis....which makes me sad that I have suspected something for weeks now, and it has now turned into something worse. Poor baby. We were sent home with a nebulizer to give him breathing treatments three times a day. That little contraption looks so high-tech that it makes me want to cry for my sugar bean. :( Things could be so much worse, but I can't help but feel very helpless and like I could have done something to prevent it. I know children get sick...I just don't want it to be MY baby boy. So now starts the journey of what parenting is all about: wanting so badly to magically take away the pain and never quite coming to the realization that you can't protect them from everything...sickness is inevitable.  So, please say some prayers for my poor, wheezing little Andrew. I will now leave you with not only some pictures of my one and only "skin-child" but some of my "fur-children" Sadie and Mali-cat (the Legacy Boxer Rescue people always refer to dogs/kids this way on emails). :) :)


 first lunch date with just Andrew and Mommy


Smile for the camera



He moved from where Todd is sitting to here within seconds

This was Mali's fav place to sleep, so I kept it there all December

Silly Animals...I still love them! They weren't completely forgotten ;-)

                                                     And yes, Sadie still sleeps in our bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment