profile picture

profile picture

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Winter Break??

Well, as it turns out, I ended up getting a very unexpected "Winter Break" this week....bad news is, I will probably be making up this "break" in its entirety when the sun is shining and summer should be in session..... :( Let's hope the district gets a waiver. On the bright side, I have spent the past 2 days (4 after this week), with my sweet angel, my hubby, and my sisteroo. I seriously feel more at east than I have felt in a while. It could be because with other breaks from school, it's highly anticipated, while this was out of the ordinary. I have also had this opportunity to blog not once, but TWICE in one week!! YAY! :) Maybe now I will keep up with it.

While I'm sitting at my computer, there are some things I'm currently pondering over: my job (when to start the search for a school closer to home), babies (and when to try for another little angel), and the possibility of staying home for a few years after our second. Financially, the thought of us losing my source of income is extremely scary. But if I do in fact move to a new school, that would mean finding new childcare for my little Andrew (no more Nanny Maria) :( :(  And if we want another baby in the near future, the cost of two kiddos in a daycare seems like a waste... If you read this, I would appreciate ANY advice I can get!! I don't know what it would be like to be a stay-at-home mom (or even if it's meant for me), but after these past few days at home with little man, I think I can handle it for 2 years. I just don't want to miss the milestones, the boo-boos that are going to happen, and the mysteries of how long he napped, how much he ate, and how active he was during the day. Of course, I can ask my Nanny these things....but I want to know the specifics. I want to experience them first-hand. 

I am extremely blessed for my baby Andrew, and I love him more than I thought I would ever love anyone. I know Todd and my life will be warmed even more when we have our second. I also know that Andrew will be a wonderful big brother (when that time comes). I just don't know how much "bigger" a brother I want Andrew to be....and I don't want to plan for it or against it, so I guess it should just happen...it's scary that I'm getting this out in writing, but I sure do feel better now. :) Until next time, those are my thoughts as of today. :) God is good, and I know all things will work out for the best!

These pants make me laugh!!

This was one of Todd's baby toys

With Nanny Karen

"What mom? Can't you see I'm playing?"

He loves tissue paper

And eating wrapping paper off gifts....:)

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed all your blogging this week! I'm sure all your worries will work themselves right out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristi,

    We have used Care.com to find both of the nannies we have and we have LOVED them both. It's like a Match.com for caregivers. I'm in a group for mothers of multiples (FWMOM) and lot's of the ladies use this site as well.

    You post a job ad with the what you are looking for (price, hours, household duties) and people apply to your job. I warn you it can be overwhelming because in 2 days we had over 50 applicants. (Care.com provides background checks etc) It's $30 a month and then you put your account as "inactive" once you have found your caregiver and you no longer pay the $30.

    This worked wonderfully for me, because I wanted someone to come in my home so that I could take lunch breaks home and see the babies.

    I never thought I would be the "stay at home" mom, but after days like this..I could definitely see me staying home with the two most awesome people ever :)

    Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will be the best decision for your family :)

    ReplyDelete