profile picture

profile picture

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Holidays with Andrew

We had such a busy, memorable holiday season with our baby boy. It definitely gives Christmas a whole new meaning. Time spent with family was the best thing I got for Christmas. :) I know that sounds cliche, but it's the honest truth. Andrew's favorite things were wrapping paper, gift bags, and tissue paper. Oh the joyous, crinkle sound that paper creates. :)

As a result of ice, all schools in the metroplex were cancelled today. So, here I am at home, drinking coffee, watching The Invention of Lying with my sister while my baby boy is taking a little nap. Pure bliss. Being a teacher and Mommy sure has been a challenge this year, but I must say, I'm doing better than I expected. It's actually been a good lesson in time management. I have to leave at 5 (which might seem late, but is quite early for someone who used to stay at work until 6 sometimes 7), which means: prioritize. A new concept for me considering I'm the queen of wasting time. :) I also recall writing a blog stating I would not bring work home with me. Well, I wish I could say I kept that promise but some things are better done in the comfort of my own home with my son playing on the floor next to me. So, work does occasionally follow me home. One thing that keeps me going: summer off with my son. I am fortunate to have an occupation that enables me to have so many breaks from work to spend with Andrew. So even though my job can be challenging, exhausting, and even a bit depressing at times, I try to remind myself that I'm lucky to have my job. And I can only accomplish so much in a day. Being a teacher is a very important job, but being a Mommy is the most important job I could ever have. So, I vow to do the best I can, stay healthy, and remind myself that in the grand scheme of things, the most valuable thing in the world is family.

Andrew's First Thanksgiving

Family Photo

My silly little man

Andrew's First Thanksgiving

Andrew and Mommy at the mall

Family photo: Andrew's First Christmas

Andrew loves Grandpa Randy

Christmas at Grandma Dorothy's

wrapping paper...woo..hoo!

Andrew and Cole on Christmas morning

Great-grandad Sugar :)

What a good lookin' family

1 comment: