profile picture

profile picture

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Ragnar Race

So…I may be a bit crazy…but I am a HUGE believer in things happening for a reason and meeting the right people at the right time….and so here I am to tell you… about yet another athletic endeavor that I chose to partake in….2 WEEKS after I run 26.2 miles…and it's called the Ragnar Relay series.


This Ragnar Relay entails 200 MILES….2 days AND NIGHTS of running…and a team of 12 ladies I don't even know. Crazy…maybe….opportunity of a life time: YES! :) It all started when I met one of the nicest women while waiting in line for a hayride at the Christmas tree lighting in Woburn. She saw Todd's Texas A&M cap and asked if we were from Texas and  of course my response was: "YES!! Are YOU from Texas??" I always feel like I don't quite fit in here because of my southern personality. Some people enjoy it while I feel others are kind of annoyed by it (and maybe some people from Texas found me annoying at first but I feel that I quickly warm up to most).. ;-) So, we talked on the hay ride and she very randomly asked if I like to run. I told her about applying to run in the Boston Marathon (I didn't know I had been accepted yet), and that I LOVE to run. So she told me about the Ragnar relay and how they are looking for more women to join their team. We exchanged information and have been contacting each other about it ever since.

The reason I know this was God's work is because she told me she was part of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I lived with several Mormon women while living in the dorm last year and learned so much about their beliefs. Before then, I had SO MANY misconceptions of what they believed in (and of course thought it was amazing how they could survive without coffee OR wine). ;-) But last year showed me what incredible women they are and how they truly look out for one another and step up in times of need. I should write a whole other blog about all that I learned from these fantastic women. So, all the women I will be running with (as far as I know), are also Mormon. We are all meeting this Wednesday for the first time, and I am excited and a bit nervous too. It's going to be quite an adventure (and my body may be extremely angry at me for a few months), but I can't wait to get to know these women and experience this journey together. The race is all the way down cape cod which will be amazing in it self. Here are 2 videos that explain more about the race. Wish me luck and please pray that I don't have any injures through this journey!








No comments:

Post a Comment