profile picture

profile picture

Sunday, February 16, 2014

Love Day

Andrew had his first Valentine's Day party at school, and I'm pretty sure I was more excited than he was. :) I printed a cute little saying, "Sip Sip Horray! It's Valentine's Day!" punched some holes in them, and attached them to a straw. 

They turned out pretty cute and were very easy. He wrote his own name on about the first 8 and then got tired of it and just started scribbling (what is to be expected from an almost 4 year old I guess). Most of the kids wrote their own names on the cards and 1 kid even wrote out "Happy Valentine's Day!" (some kids are on their 3rd year in the preschool) I'm telling you- Andrew's teachers are incredible. They really are. He has learned so much and is doing SOOO much better with socializing and speaking his mind. Just tonight, I was doing my favorite duty as a mother- cleaning off dry boogers from his nose (!!) when he said, "Mommy, can you please stop picking my nose!!" LOL! Note taken-you are too old for mommy to be cleaning your nose. :)

 I have always loved Valentine's day-even when I was a little girl I LOVED all the pink and red hearts, chocolates, balloons, flowers, etc etc.  I have always been a bit over the top girly when it comes to frills and flowers and sparkles.  :) I think my daughter may have inherited this trait from me considering her favorite book right now is a Valentine book from her nanny and she absolutely loves any kind of shoe and jewelry she can get her hands on (my shoes/necklaces are always strung throughout the house-something I will one day look back on and really miss). :)
as I said- she likes ANY kind of shoe 

 I bought Andrew a huge heart sucker a few days before his party while shopping for his teachers (he kept saying, "I'm being a really good boy and would REEAAALLLLYY like this sucker, mommy") and then I went to our favorite place to buy some "cupcakes" (they are technically muffins but look at these things!!)

Sadly, Facebook made me think my attempts were a failure, but the look on my babies' faces told me otherwise:
well- Andrew doesn't look quite as thrilled ;) 

Sometimes social media makes me feel so inadequate and I need to stop letting it!! I almost skipped my workout that morning because I was so mopey (good thing I didn't because it was the fastest 4 miles I have ever ran!).  And my beautiful baby girl made these especially for me and came running at me thrilled as ever to give them to me. :) One of the. best. moments I have ever had as a mother.
*she later ripped (quite literally) one of them off the fridge and once again excitedly delivered them to mommy

I also fished this beautiful creation from my son's backpack after school (not quite the same sentimental delivery of such a special Valentine- but still made me very happy!)


I found a babysitter so Todd and I could go out that night. My favorite thing to do is to splurge on a nice steak dinner, a bottle of wine, and delicious dessert with coffee. YUMMY!  It was such a good time, but of course no pictures. I always feel silly asking our server to snap a pic of us (but need to because one of my favorite pictures of me and todd was at our 5 year anniversary dinner).

Todd bought us some Dave Matthew's tickets for the concert in June! WOOHOO! Another date night! :) Love was definitely in the air that day (as it is EVERY day), but something about this day always has me gitty and extra girly and shoving lots of chocolate in my face (Disney's Frozen anyone?) :)
can't you tell how much they love each other ;) 
            more valentine creations 


No comments:

Post a Comment