profile picture

profile picture

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

MOOOORE SNOW!!!!!!!!

I just need to vent at this point. My week has definitely not gone as planned (and it's only Tuesday), and I feel super fed up with winter and disappointed in myself for not being "more tough" about it.  I was sick Saturday/Sunday (and it SNOWED Saturday meaning no outside run), I had to cancel last minute at church, barely got a workout Sunday when I was supposed to run 14 miles, didn't make it to either strength class yesterday (I was still not feeling 100%, but SHOULD have made it considering we were on our way but stopped to get gas and then easily talked myself out of going due to tardiness). I cancelled my chiropractor appointment this morning (was expecting company for lunch but they had to cancel due to illness/SNOW), and of course…..I was super pumped about getting a big run in today and guess what??? The gym called saying they had to close the daycare due to…..SNNNNOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!! UGGGGG! :( This week is "Winter break" and I am struggling with keeping Andrew entertained. He has been on the i-pad far to much already, and I am in desperate need of a good run so I can feel a little bit better about my training. We did go sledding yesterday with some of the women from my Ragnar team (another reason I opted not to go to my strength training class) but it was so stinkin cold. I'm telling you- I'm just not built for this weather. I need at least 65 degree weather. I think Andrew is like me- he was standing at the top of the hill crying, his nose running, wind blowing against his poor little face until it was red. Yea- I'm not a fan of seeing my children freezing to death either. Once we started sledding, it was a great time and both my kids had a lot of fun. 

I'm surprised this picture turned out because I quickly snapped a picture and threw my gloves back on immediately.(it was so.dang.cold….) I truly think people from Texas need to live here for a year so they can a. really appreciate the seasons for what they are  b. NEVER EVER EVER again complain about being cold when it is 45 or 50 degrees out (that was me) c. realize that Texan hospitality is really hard to come by anywhere else in the US.

So about Texas being different from MASS…(and while I am on the subject of my stop for gas being such a "hastle"): you know the little latch you can push down so the pump automatically fills your car up with gas without you physically holding it? Those don't exist here. AT ALL. Some gas stations (especially in the winter months), pay people to have a full service gas station. Pretty sure Todd and I almost pulled out some pepper spray on the first person that ran over and started trying to pump our car full of gas (LOL). We had no idea it was so common here. I had been waiting until Monday to fill up my tank because I saw a super cheap gas station on my way to the gym last week which meant I was on Empty. So as I jumped out of my car to fill up my tank,  2 attendants came running over to me and caught me a bit off guard (I was in a hurry-going to the gym….). I apologized, and of course the reply I get- "Well if you REALLY want to do it on your own, go right ahead." Rude. 2 Minutes before-  I had a man lay on his horn because oops- apparently my turning into the gas station was a big inconvenience to him (??) Anyway- they ask what I need and I say to fill it up. Funny thing is- I failed to tell them regular so of course I got PREMIUM FUEL and paid more for this tank than ever. FAIL. So as I said- friendly, easy going people are WAY harder to come by up in the north.

We are getting 4-6 more inches of snow today…to top the "mountains" that already exist  in my driveway, backyard, parking lots, etc. etc. I'm over it. It's supposed to get up to 49 this Friday (!!!) and I will find a way to get outside and run like the wind. So if you are complaining about getting out in 50 degree weather today- just remember…it could be way worse. Stay warm out there friends!!
pretty- but I'm over it after 3 months

Anyone up for sitting on the balcony? 


No comments:

Post a Comment